United Farm Workers of America (“UFW”) is committed to protecting your privacy. This policy explains how UFW gathers and uses information when you visit our website and reflects our strong commitment to internet privacy.
What information does UFW collect?
When you visit the UFW website, we collect and store information about you. Normally, you voluntarily submit the information UFW may collect and store. This information can include your name, address, e-mail address, affiliation, phone number and any other information that you voluntarily provide to the UFW. UFW offers web forms for you to provide your contact information to engage in activities such as: on-line activism, subscribe to a UFW-related newsletter, sign up for UFW e-mails, place an order for products or services, participate in action alerts, contact the UFW, share a testimonial, or take any other action using UFW’s website. Any information that you provide on these forms can be collected and stored by the UFW. Information collected by UFW is also used to communicate with you in the future. UFW may also monitor and track information, such as visitor usage patterns of our website. UFW may compile this information into statistical aggregates that we use for internal purposes, including improving our web service, user service, or to tailor our message to a particular group of users.
Protecting your privacy and use of information
As part of our commitment to ensuring privacy to our visitors, UFW does not sell or share personal information about you with other people (such as mass marketers) or non-affiliated organizations, except to provide services or products that you requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- UFW may share information collected with any other person, group or entity that you request, such as to send a message from you to persons that you have authorized (i.e. send an action alert to a Congress person).
- UFW may use the information collected to understand your interests and activities.
- To enable third parties, in a confidential manner, to perform certain tasks such as maintain databases, e-mail or action alerts, or to send e-mail alerts or newsletters on behalf of the UFW.
- From time to time, UFW may share limited personally identifiable information (such as your name, address and e-mail) with other farm worker movement organizations (such as Cesar E. Chavez Foundation, Robert F. Kennedy Medical Plan, Juan de La Cruz Pension Plan, National Farm Worker Service Center, Radio Campesina, FIELD), or other labor or community groups, if we believe you would be interested in receiving communications from these organizations.
- The UFW will not post your personal contact information, including your e-mail address, street address and phone number, without your consent.
- UFW may share aggregate and statistical information about website usage and traffic patterns, with third parties, for purposes of complying with any reporting obligations, business, or marketing purposes.
- As needed, UFW may disseminate information collected in order to respond to subpoenas, court orders, a legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Cookies are pieces of information that are stored on your computer and that can be used to help identify you when you visit our website. We use session cookies to make visiting and using our website easier– first, so that you don’t have to continually re-enter information and second, so that we can tailor your visit to your expressed preferences. UFW does not provide third parties with whom it does business access to these cookies.
UFW wants to help you guard your children’s privacy. UFW does not knowingly collect, use or distribute children’s personally identifiable information to any third parties.
Links to other sites
The UFW website may provide links to several other third party websites. While we make an effort to choose our links carefully, we cannot take any responsibility for the content of linked websites, or for the privacy policies of websites we link to. Since we do not control these websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these third party websites prior to any use.
Persons who subscribe to e-mail lists (i.e. action alerts or UFW e-mails or newsletters) will receive periodic updates from the UFW via regular mail, fax or e-mail. You may opt out of receiving future information via e-mail by using the unsubscribe procedure specified on the e-mail message or you can opt out of future e-mails by simply stating this desire in a reply to any e-mail we send you.
For information on our mobile terms and conditions, please read our full Mobile T&C @ https://ufw.org/mobile/