The United Farm Workers is seeking a talented and motivated Outreach Coordinator to be part of the Farm Worker Movement in Arizona.
BACKGROUND: The Outreach Coordinator plans, organizes, coordinates, and assists with implementing organizing and outreach efforts and that advance the goals, mission, and directions of the political/legislative department and the UFW. In addition, the Outreach Coordinator motivates and mobilizes leaders in internal and external organizing efforts with community partners under the direction of the National Field Director or Political/ Legislative Director. Start Date Negotiable: July 2020 – September 2020. This is a temporary full time position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: (This is not an exhaustive list)
- Conduct broad and intensive regional outreach
- Build one-on-one relationships helping identify, recruit, and develop leaders and volunteers
- Lead, motivate, and mobilize leaders in internal and external organizing, politics, community alliance building and other union activities.
- Develop expertise in UFW state and federal policy priorities.
- Develop and implement a range of policy education and skills-building training for farm workers and farm workers’ supporters as assigned
- Assist in mobilization of grassroots and support of union growth campaigns; expected to lead in assigned project areas
- Participate in policy and advocacy relevant teleconferences and video conferences
- Help gather and create communications content engaging farm workers and farm workers supporters.
- Mobilize support for and coordinate actions with partners (petitions, support letters, lobby day, workshops).
- Coordinated with National Field Director and/or Political Legislative team .
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
- Progressively responsible experience in organizing, budget analysis, and advocacy; experience working with the public; and commitment to the mission of the Farm Workers Movement is required.
- HS Diploma or GED and equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university is a plus.
- Ability to design and implement creative and innovative strategies which result in membership growth.
- Must be proficient with MS office applications (Word, Excel, E-mail and Internet).
- Ability to speak, write, read Spanish and English.
LOCATION: Seeking candidates from Maricopa, Yuma, or Pima county. Temporarily working remotely unless assigned a needed project such as the distribution of emergency aide to farmworkers in response to COVID-19 pandemic.
COMPENSATION: Non-exempt, competitive pay with like sized organizations and political campaigns
Interested applicants must apply on Indeed and submit resume
UFW believes a strong commitment to equal employment opportunity is more than a legal and
moral obligation – it is also sound business practice to realize the potential of every individual.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals,
employment decisions at UFW will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Except where
required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin,
ancestry, disability, genetic information, age, or any characteristic protected by law.
UFW believes in second chances. As an organization, we will rely on individualized assessments
in the hiring of those with past criminal convictions. We encourage all qualified applicants to
apply for a position fighting for our immigrant communities!
UFW will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with qualified disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
UFW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org