FARM WORKER MOVEMENT JOB DESCRIPTION
Temporary Accounts Payable Receivable Clerk
|Current as of:
Hourly / Non-Exempt
Grants & Fiscal Compliance Manager
About UFW Foundation: The United Farm Workers Foundation is a dynamic nonprofit organization created in 1974, by the late labor and civil rights leader Cesar E. Chavez, and relaunched in 2006. Our mission is to open the doors of opportunity to working people and their communities. We envision a clear path to social integration and civic participation for immigrants and their children. We reach Spanish speaking and indigenous communities and serve as essential resource hubs in Los Angeles, Phoenix, Salinas, and Bakersfield. Our Service Centers are safe havens that provide critical resources and services–such as credible immigration legal advice–and act as hubs for educational outreach. The Civic Participation Program engages farmworkers and Latinos in the democratic process by telling their story and advocating for more equitable policies. The “Si Se Puede® Network,” aligns farm worker-serving organizations and provides a national infrastructure to maximize our collective impact. We serve over 60,000 immigrants annually through a holistic approach; not only do we provide critical services but we engage our constituents in systemic change to break the cycle of poverty.
The accounts payable receivable clerk is responsible for processing the (1) payment of goods and services purchased by the organization and (2) receipt and accounting of funds being paid to the organization. This role also serves as a reviewer, ensuring that invoices are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed (1) for the submission of invoices to ensure purchasing and payment of goods and services and (2) to account for the receipt of payment for goods and services completed by the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: (This is not an exhaustive list)
- Gathering and sorting of documents and related information for invoicing;
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Assist the Grants and Fiscal Compliance manager maintain all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and organization accounts payable files.
- Assists organization Executive Team and auditors as necessary.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Performs filing and copying.
- Processes invoices into computer system.
- Opens mail daily.
- Communicates with co-workers, management, and others regarding purchases.
- Researches and solves payment discrepancies.
- Processes credit card payments and credits.
- Assists the Grants and Fiscal Compliance Manager make adjustments to accounts as needed.
- Prepares deposits daily or as needed.
- Prepares weekly reports for accountants.
- Other tasks as needed
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- Commitment to ethical conduct and financial management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a “customer/client” focus. Ability to work with teammates in a professional and solutions oriented manner.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and thoroughness. Ability to think critically about the details of a task at hand.
- Ability to adjust quickly to constantly changing priorities and responsive to feedback. Ability to work long hours and on weekends as necessary.
- Keeps track of projects and deadlines, and communicates progress in real-time.
- Problem solving/analysis and results driven.
- Dedication to mission. A genuine interest in immigrant and farm worker rights.
- Si Se Puede (It Can Be Done) attitude. The embodiment of a personal spirit that promotes confidence, courage and risk-taking.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Requires ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
ADDITIONAL AND/OR SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma and two years or more of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift, move, carry, push, or pull up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift, move, carry, push, or pull up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.