The United Farm Workers is seeking a talented and motivated Internal Organizing Coordinator to be part of the Farm Worker Movement in Santa Rosa, California.
The Internal Organizing Coordinator develops, coordinates, and executes operational plans to meet or exceed the needs of union members while actively involved in membership growth initiatives, develops or adopts organizational strategies that support benefit programs, membership growth and renewal of contracts and directs programs that support the development of the membership worker board and stewards under the direction of the Regional Director or Fund Manager. This is not an office job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: (This is not an exhaustive list)
- Develop, direct, and execute operational plans adhering to the UFW vision using adopted management by results methods.
- Establish processes to identify and maximize financial resources and use technology to control cost.
- Design and implement procedures to maintain accurate information including grievance, arbitration and other membership records.
- Implement training models for worker boards and execute strategies that encourage effective problem solving among staff, workers and employers under contract.
- Cultivate a philosophy of membership growth and participation by creating effective partnerships, communicating effectively and empowering workers.
- Use of cutting edge technologies and databases.
- Identify ways UFW relationship can bring value to contract employers.
- Renegotiate current contracts prior to expiration
- Supervise staff as needed.
- Must have good organizational skills and ability to work independently. Must be familiar with the history and mission of the UFW and be willing to make long-term commitment.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- HS Diploma or GED and equivalent experience. Associates Degree preferred but not necessary.
- Three (3) years’ experience in contract organizing and representational organizing including one (1) year experience in campaign management
- Ability to design and implement creative and innovative strategies which result in membership growth.
- Must be proficient with MS office applications (Word, Excel, E-mail and Internet).
- Ability to speak, write, read Spanish and English
COMPENSATION: Starting salary of $49,000 a year. Benefits package that includes family medical, dental, and vision, pension, employee contribution 401k, 5 paid sick days, 10 paid holidays and paid vacations.
ONLY RESUMES SENT WITH COVER LETTERS WILL BE CONSIDERED: firstname.lastname@example.org