The United Farm Workers is seeking a talented and motivated Internal Organizer to be part of the Farm Worker Movement in Livingston, California.
The Internal Organizer is responsible for organizing and representing farm workers to have the UFW represent them through collective bargaining agreements. The organizer is responsible for the recruitment and development of worker leaders to form a union at their company. The Internal Organizer, under the direction of the Regional Director and/or Organizing Coordinator, plans, directs and administers UFW membership growth, renewal and benefits program or the UFW contract. This is not an office job.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct personal visits, house meeting and general meetings
- Ensure the development of a worker board and steward structure
- Participate and direct planning
- Develop relationships in the local area
- Implement programs designed to attract member participation
- Manage the issue resolution process at assigned companies
- Plan with the worker boards/negotiating committees to prepare for negotiations
- Maintain and document worker information in database (VAN)
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
- Prior organizing experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to travel and work long and irregular hours, including weekends, early mornings and evenings as needed.
- Basic computer skills preferred (Microsoft Office, Internet).
- Ability to work well with diverse groups, under challenging deadlines.
- Strong commitment to the mission of the Farm Worker Movement.
- Fluent in Punjabi and English, both oral and written.
- A valid driver’s license and a reliable car is required.
COMPENSATION: Salary of $43,680 a year. Benefits package that includes family medical, dental, vision, pension, 401k (employee contributions), 5 paid sick days, 11 paid holidays & paid vacations.
ONLY RESUMES SENT WITH COVER LETTERS WILL BE CONSIDERED: