The UFW Foundation is a dynamic nonprofit organization created in 1974, by the late labor and civil rights leader Cesar E. Chavez, and relaunched in 2006. We are seeking an individual with accounts payable / accounts receivable experience that is responsible for processing the (1) payment of goods and services purchased by the organization and (2) receipt and accounting of funds being paid to the organization. This role also serves as a reviewer, ensuring that invoices are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed (1) for the submission of invoices to ensure purchasing and payment of goods and services and (2) to account for the receipt of payment for goods and services completed by the organization. This position will be based in Los Angeles, CA and is a full-time non-exempt position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: (This is not an exhaustive list.)
|· Gathering and sorting of documents and related information for invoicing.
· Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
· Assist the Grants and Fiscal Compliance manager maintain all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and organization accounts payable files.
· Assists organization Executive Team and auditors as necessary.
· Assists in monthly closings.
· Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
· Performs filing and copying.
|· Processes invoices into computer system.
· Opens mail daily.
· Communicates with co-workers, management, and others regarding purchases.
· Researches and solves payment discrepancies.
· Processes credit card payments and credits.
· Assists the Grants and Fiscal Compliance Manager make adjustments to accounts as needed.
· Prepares deposits daily or as needed.
· Prepares weekly reports for accountants.
· Other tasks as needed.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
|· Commitment to ethical conduct and financial management background.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with a “customer/client” focus. Ability to work with teammates in a professional and solutions oriented manner.
· Extraordinary attention to detail and thoroughness. Ability to think critically about the details of a task at hand.
· Flexibility. Ability to adjust quickly to constantly changing priorities and responsive to feedback. Ability to work long hours and on weekends as necessary.
|· Organization. Keeps track of projects and deadlines, and communicates progress in real-time.
· Problem solving/analysis and results driven.
· Dedication to mission. A genuine interest in immigrant and farm worker rights.
· Si Se Puede (It Can Be Done) attitude. The embodiment of a personal spirit that promotes confidence, courage and risk-taking.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Wage depends upon experience: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour. Plus, benefits package that includes family medical, dental, vision, pension, 401k (employee contributions), 10 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave.
Please submit (1) cover letter and (2) résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants’ cover letters are encouraged to respond to the following questions:
- Do you have prior AP/AR experience? If so, how much?
- How are you uniquely qualified for this position?
- When are you available to start working?